Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

No Name and Shame Policy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LynustheJ0K3R

05-11-2014

Quote:
First, you should always use the report feature in League of Legends.

What a joke. That report feature does nothing it's a placebo people open your eyes.

Rastabaxus

05-13-2014

Quote:
LynustheJ0K3R:
What a joke. That report feature does nothing it's a placebo people open your eyes.

Thus far, all evidence suggests that this is sad but true.
The complete lack of any quantitative proof from Riot that they are doing anything is worrying.

GMB Otto

05-14-2014

Why are people getting punished in the forums for pointing out the problems in the game itself.
That's like having someone assault you on the street, going to a police officer to report them and help them gain knowledge of the suspect, then being thrown in jail yourself.
As apposed to, getting assaulted on the street, going into a post office to post your letter, then on your walk home getting assaulted again.

FISH568

05-17-2014

hey u got time to care about fkin name and shame and took a year to copy a tribunal to oce?
what a shame!
this really makes me sick and i can't imaging what u guys doing there? counting all the money we put into the game?

Satsii

06-02-2014

The problem is; do we have the server population to actively monitor cases ? I know I'd be willing to do it, as the server toxicity is getting pretty bad.

Shadowfibby

06-09-2014

Quote:
Riot Rhojin:
Hey Summoners,

I would like to address an important issue: Naming and Shaming. While I understand that there are times where you may get frustrated at another player, team or streamers due to their actions in games or their potential violations of the Summoner’s Code or Terms of Use our forums are not be the place to voice your frustrations at specific people or organizations.

Why shouldn’t I name toxic players, cheaters, or trolls?

Name and shaming can turn from an attempted notification into a full blown witch hunt. These threads can frequently devolve into personal attacks against the accused and flame wars explode between people who choose to take sides in the debate.

More importantly, some trolls just want the fame and we don’t want to give it to them. Players like this will thrive on any attention given to them regardless of if it is negative. We won’t allow our forums be a place where toxic players can highlight their achievements to the community.

Any naming and shaming posts on the forums will be deleted and can warrant a temporary forum suspension being issued to the participants.

But I ran into a really toxic player! Where can I report them?

First, you should always use the report feature in League of Legends. While Oceania does not currently have a tribunal, reports are still being collected on toxic players and are used in our frequent disciplinary audits. WookieeCookie has a post here (http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=31248) that describes the audits and chat restrictions in better detail.

For behavior that may be occurring outside of the game like potential exploiters, toxic streamers, MMR Boosting reports, or severely inappropriate behavior, please send in a ticket to our Player Support team https://support.leagueoflegends.com/anonymous_requests/new with details so they can investigate the matter.

riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks riot sucks

Spiphel

06-23-2014

Wanna know how to prevent naming and shaming?

Actually punish players who deserve it.

kageshinben

06-29-2014

How interesting, a post about not naming and shaming has turned into a post where people do just that.
Yes toxic players exist, Yes it is frustrating, No that does not give you an excuse to be equally toxic on the forums and name and shame these people. It does nothing except spread negativity to everyone who reads it.
You need to vent some steam because you had a troll in one of your games? Why do you think most companies have squishy stress toys.

NoMoreChillies

07-03-2014

bad policy, backed by 0 punishment for those toxic players

grow some balls RIOT and take back your game from the trolls

Ninjah Bob

07-10-2014

Does Riot even look at this forum?