Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

No Name and Shame Policy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synixtrix

03-18-2014

The OCE player base is rife with the some of the most toxic players/trolls, these players not only ruin games by feeding the enemy, or reporting player positions to the enemy, some of the language and behaviour is just plain offensive.
It is all very well to report these players, but as it stands, these players have absolutely no reason to modify their behaviour because there seems to be no punishment.
Justice needs to be seen to be done, I completely agree that players naming and shaming other players is not the right way to fix this, but I suggest that RIOT create a locked thread with the purpose of naming the players that have been sanctioned.

bowjac7

03-19-2014

Quote:
Synixtrix:
The OCE player base is rife with the some of the most toxic players/trolls, these players not only ruin games by feeding the enemy, or reporting player positions to the enemy, some of the language and behaviour is just plain offensive.
It is all very well to report these players, but as it stands, these players have absolutely no reason to modify their behaviour because there seems to be no punishment.
Justice needs to be seen to be done, I completely agree that players naming and shaming other players is not the right way to fix this, but I suggest that RIOT create a locked thread with the purpose of naming the players that have been sanctioned.

Firstly I agree with you
Secondly there is a language filter
Thirdly - Riot WTF are you even listening to your playerbase? Give us a tribunal, hell Ill step up and run it if the issue is not having someone to do it. I am so over instantlockers, trolls, toxic players, and my personal favourite premade groups who dont just say they are premade instead of "oh hey he called 'position x', you have to go here" - these 4man premade teams.. just say we are 4man premade x is all that is available.
Quadraly(yes I have a sense of humor) your reporting system is pointles.. it really is. You do realise that out of the 9 other people in the game that can report someone only like 2-3 even bother and even then, the report sits in a file on a server somewhere to be "checked at a regular interval" oh and why do players I have on ignore end up getting q'd in with me again in the same game... kinda defeats the purpose of ignore... sure I cant see what they are typing but they are still being trolls and feeding.. ADD NEW FEATURE - IF "X10101X"(example name) summoner name is on my ignore list prevent him from being q'd into the same match as me

Rain Breaker

03-25-2014

I don't think it matters Australia has an online anti bullying law. League of Legends has a user terms of service agreement. No one forces an australia citizen to install and play League of Legends, but when they do, they consent to follow the summoner's code. Since LoL is a free to play game, Riot should be able to reserve the right to decide who can play and who can't. It's their game. They have a terms of agreement. It's quite clear and obvious.

WetWorker

03-26-2014

We need a tribunal or equivalent really soon. playing rnaked games is hopeless. Half the games I play are affected by trolls, feeders or abusive players. Most of these do it because they know nothing will be done, there are no consequences of behaving badly so they dont care. Until there is a tribunal or equivalent this rampant behaviour will continue. incentives to play well like the honour system are meaningless to these people. if they cared about such things they would try to win a game, personally play well and try to be involved with team work.

i am really frustrated with this server. i think i need to blow the dust off my account on NA and go back there. it will suck playing with 200 ping again instead of 50 that i have here but at least i know the playing and team experience will be much better due to less trolls/feeders/abusers etc.

WetWorker

03-26-2014

Quote:
Rain Breaker:
I don't think it matters Australia has an online anti bullying law. League of Legends has a user terms of service agreement. No one forces an australia citizen to install and play League of Legends, but when they do, they consent to follow the summoner's code. Since LoL is a free to play game, Riot should be able to reserve the right to decide who can play and who can't. It's their game. They have a terms of agreement. It's quite clear and obvious.

It could probably be argued that Riot is ignoring the anti bullying laws here because they are doing nothing to reduce the amount of bullying (toxics, abusers etc) that are playing lol here. If there was a tribunal or equivalent they would be enforcing the anti bullying laws and making this a much more enjoyable game to play by getting rid of the abusive players.

Riot obviously dont care or they would have done something about it already. instead we get the occasional comment that something is in development and we need to be patient and put up with the in game bullying.

Dragon Ashaman45

03-27-2014

A tribunal would be good, but just to keep in mind, many so called feeders may be new players. I have encountered a few toxic players as well, especially in the last 24 hrs with a newbe, but I have to say they are not as bad as Halos toxins, which are almost radioactive in their venting. I too love playing, and will continue to do so. A big plus is we do not have to hear it being spoken, and chat can be ignored. But as many have already said, enough is enough. First time post on here to, so hi everyone!!!

WishfullDeviant

04-06-2014

Quote:
Dragon Ashaman45:
A tribunal would be good, but just to keep in mind, many so called feeders may be new players. I have encountered a few toxic players as well, especially in the last 24 hrs with a newbe, but I have to say they are not as bad as Halos toxins, which are almost radioactive in their venting. I too love playing, and will continue to do so. A big plus is we do not have to hear it being spoken, and chat can be ignored. But as many have already said, enough is enough. First time post on here to, so hi everyone!!!

The thing is though by making another account, they have to start from scratch. Champions, (and since most are narcisstic) Skins, etc and if they keep trolling and keep getting banned they will eventually S**t somehwere else.

Although I do have a concern when people mentiond banning 'feeders.' I think bans should only be after a lot of reports in consecutive games. I know for instance when I'm forced to adc or my friend is forced to support and the other player is really good it is hard not to die ^_^;

....^ that's is there was an actually tribunal.....
(kinda missing NA... as an Aussie I find this sad =_=; )

G0lzXUs1az

04-08-2014

so many toxic players >.>

AstroViper

04-10-2014

OK Riot.... I think its about time you seriously start to be more harsh on the in game fighting. I am (and I guess everybody) are well an truly sick and tied of the fighting during the game. I am at breaking point to never play LOL again and just move to Dota. I don't like to play Dota, due to the way the game is set out but with more playing I will get use to it. Over the current month I have not been in a game where not one person will fight. I am now contemplating on whether it is worth the Hassel to even play LOL, and get my friends to play Dota instead. The constant complaining and fighting is destroying YOUR image as the feedback are going to the gaming reporters. WHAT IS THE TRIBUNAL DOING. I'm sure you do not want this to happen. Riot you do need to start enforcing more harsher punishments to serial offenders. In a game I just had a person (and I'm sure many people have had the same experience)stated that because they get ks'ed they are going to feed the enemy team and this isn't the first time it has happened. I am now (as I said previously) possibly moving to DOTA and maybe not return and I will also start making my friends and their friends do the same thing.

Drag0nicOverlord

04-11-2014

Quote:
The Arcane One:
With no tribunal...toxic players are running amuck, now usually I can say oh well, just gotta play our best and see if we can win...not this time! A player has decided to go on a rampage of toxicity, his last 10 matches, all Ranked ques, all defeats...his last 8 games played as xilean support, all of them fed matches to their mid laner...now my game -.-

He seemed alright, working with our comp in champ select, instalocked Xilean at first pick, alright seems good. He then went on to feed their teemo in mid lane, leaving me as Jinx solo bot against ez and leona, I was doing great getting kills when they dived and still farming quite well, we couldve easily won, until this player decided to tell the enemy exactly where we were going and what we were doing meanwhile running down mid lane feeding. he finished up 1/33/0...

This is his match history

Xilean - Defeat (1/33/0)
Xilean - Defeat (0/15/1)
Xilean - Defeat (0/22/0)
Xilean - Defeat (0/16/0)
Xilean - Defeat (2/34/10)
Xilean - Defeat (0/9/0)
Xilean - Defeat (0/30/2)
Xilean - Defeat (0/25/0)
Draven - Defeat (5/8/2)
Jax - Defeat (6/9/4)

Now both teams asked him why he was doing this...most of the opposite team cooperated and just let him get executed, all except teemo...I dont usually rage or go off about players but this kind of behaviour has to stop...and it has to stop soon, OCE is already known as the most toxic community server by Riot, so please guys, I love this game, but the toxic players have got to be punished...

Zilean*