Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

No Name and Shame Policy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Rhojin

Player Behavior Advocate

01-28-2014

Hey Summoners,

I would like to address an important issue: Naming and Shaming. While I understand that there are times where you may get frustrated at another player, team or streamers due to their actions in games or their potential violations of the Summoner’s Code or Terms of Use our forums are not be the place to voice your frustrations at specific people or organizations.

Why shouldn’t I name toxic players, cheaters, or trolls?

Name and shaming can turn from an attempted notification into a full blown witch hunt. These threads can frequently devolve into personal attacks against the accused and flame wars explode between people who choose to take sides in the debate.

More importantly, some trolls just want the fame and we don’t want to give it to them. Players like this will thrive on any attention given to them regardless of if it is negative. We won’t allow our forums be a place where toxic players can highlight their achievements to the community.

Any naming and shaming posts on the forums will be deleted and can warrant a temporary forum suspension being issued to the participants.

But I ran into a really toxic player! Where can I report them?

First, you should always use the report feature in League of Legends. While Oceania does not currently have a tribunal, reports are still being collected on toxic players and are used in our frequent disciplinary audits. WookieeCookie has a post here (http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=31248) that describes the audits and chat restrictions in better detail.

For behavior that may be occurring outside of the game like potential exploiters, toxic streamers, MMR Boosting reports, or severely inappropriate behavior, please send in a ticket to our Player Support team https://support.leagueoflegends.com/anonymous_requests/new with details so they can investigate the matter.

Devious Rogue

01-28-2014

You have no tribunal and toxic players are running amok. Do you really have time to care about name and shame on forums?

Alictron

01-29-2014

Quote:
Devious Rogue:
You have no tribunal and toxic players are running amok. Do you really have time to care about name and shame on forums?

It's as Rhojin said, it is more to do with these guys getting the attention they seek. It sounds counter intuitive but the best way to stop a certain behaviour occuring is to ignore it. People thrive on being noticed and we don't care how we do it, Rewasrd the ood and ignore the bad (or punish the bad behind closed doors). As much as Riot is trying it starts with us the players to "passively" change people's behaviour

CluelessEnigma

01-29-2014

This thread should be stickied too. People need to be reminded that naming and shaming is a no-no.

Also, I wonder what Riot currently have in mind to replace the Tribunal with the new system etc.

Frogdor

02-02-2014

Give us tribunal. These toxic people need consequences badly! The number of times I've heard "go on reported me nothing will happen" its cringeworthy.

TRIBUNAL PLEASEEEEE.

raging666teabag

02-03-2014

to be honest, by the time the current system picks up anyone that is consistently trolling, the damage has already been done for a lot of players. I've lost promos multiple times because of trolls and even though it doesn't necessarily stop me from eventually climbing divisions it certainly makes it very maddening and ruins the game a little bit for me and for many others. We need a tribunal soon otherwise the OCE community is just going to deteriorate especially after the recent server attacks and mass lag spikes of late. OCE is a troll's paradise at the moment especially since they can use the server lag to their advantage.

God Bhunivelze

02-04-2014

Quote:
Riot Rhojin:
But I ran into a really toxic player! Where can I report them?

First, you should always use the report feature in League of Legends. While Oceania does not currently have a tribunal, reports are still being collected on toxic players and are used in our frequent disciplinary audits. WookieeCookie has a post here (http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=31248) that describes the audits and chat restrictions in better detail.

I am sure there would be less Name and Shaming if riot would release the Tribunal.

The Awesome Twin

02-04-2014

Until players are aware that there are penalties for ruining other peoples games they'll continue to do it. These forum posts are not public enough.

I frequently play with some friends throughout Australia and New Zealand on teamspeak and Skype, and only one person, out of a solid 20+ knew that Riot had made announcements to do with auditing and punishing of toxic players.

Perhaps an actual news post would be a good idea, forums and newsfeeds are two different things, with different purposes and audiences.

A Flying Brick

02-12-2014

It's kind of pointless to name and shame anyway. It takes less than 5 min to change your name.

Plus sometimes the "evidence" some people give is taken way out of context. For example I had a game a few nights ago where someone, who was feeding, raged at me for being bad. I told them to drink drain cleaner and went on to get a quardra and a tower(Master Yi ftw) after he rage quit and we went on to win.

The Arcane One

02-14-2014

With no tribunal...toxic players are running amuck, now usually I can say oh well, just gotta play our best and see if we can win...not this time! A player has decided to go on a rampage of toxicity, his last 10 matches, all Ranked ques, all defeats...his last 8 games played as xilean support, all of them fed matches to their mid laner...now my game -.-

He seemed alright, working with our comp in champ select, instalocked Xilean at first pick, alright seems good. He then went on to feed their teemo in mid lane, leaving me as Jinx solo bot against ez and leona, I was doing great getting kills when they dived and still farming quite well, we couldve easily won, until this player decided to tell the enemy exactly where we were going and what we were doing meanwhile running down mid lane feeding. he finished up 1/33/0...

This is his match history

Xilean - Defeat (1/33/0)
Xilean - Defeat (0/15/1)
Xilean - Defeat (0/22/0)
Xilean - Defeat (0/16/0)
Xilean - Defeat (2/34/10)
Xilean - Defeat (0/9/0)
Xilean - Defeat (0/30/2)
Xilean - Defeat (0/25/0)
Draven - Defeat (5/8/2)
Jax - Defeat (6/9/4)

Now both teams asked him why he was doing this...most of the opposite team cooperated and just let him get executed, all except teemo...I dont usually rage or go off about players but this kind of behaviour has to stop...and it has to stop soon, OCE is already known as the most toxic community server by Riot, so please guys, I love this game, but the toxic players have got to be punished...