Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Oceanic Community AuV2 Recruiting.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FauxSho

07-02-2013

Did you even read my suggestion?

Delete previous bumps and replace them? This avoids spam, allows you to keep bumping without the obvious repurcussion of flooding the thread with "Bump" every post for 2 pages.

This keeps the content on topic, keeps the content near the discussion on the board and allows people not to feel so shoved into reading something, it makes it hard to read something easily when having to skip over 2 pages straight of bumps.

Just heed this lesson the community is giving you.
Stop the constant bumps on a low post count forum and just allow people interested to discuss it and bump it for you, like we are now with this discussion.

If people aren't interested, then feel free to use the method I mentioned before of deleting previous bumps. (You know you can delete your posts right?) Come on man, you seem like you have some maturity, but refuse to acknowledge us trying to push you in a better, more proffesional, tolerable direction.

This isn't us having a go at you, but we are having to get a bit more aggressive to get you to understand our point unfortunately.
Sorry if it seems like we're directing this personally at you. It's what you're doing, not you as a person. Just to clarify.

Jason

07-02-2013

Quote:
Stormcrazed:
And just like the NA forums....

Once more for the slow people:

1. Keep it on topic, keep it constructive
Threads need to be constructive and have a clear topic. Subsequent replies need to also be constructive to ensure that the integrity of that topic isn’t compromised. Bumping a thread without adding additional relevant information is not considered constructive.

Stop ignoring the **** code of conduct and post CONSTRUCTIVE things on your thread with relevant information about AuV2 instead of bumping twice a day (which IS excessive whether you think so or not).

Quote:
AuV2 Jason:
bumperz

giveaway being announced soon

=)

I try to give updates on what we're doing on our bumps.

Our topic is that we are recruiting, and we're staying on topic.
We're giving new information with posts as well.

generally, only one or two things actually happen to report on per day, so it works well with the bump scheme

FauxSho

07-02-2013

Quote:
AuV2 Jason:
I try to give updates on what we're doing on our bumps.

Our topic is that we are recruiting, and we're staying on topic.
We're giving new information with posts as well.

generally, only one or two things actually happen to report on per day, so it works well with the bump scheme

If there's no news, no need to bump then aye?
It seems pointless. If people are interested they'll find it without the constant bumps multiple times a day. This forum moves MUCH slower than the NA GD...

Jason

07-02-2013

Quote:
JimsHardcore:
Did you even read my suggestion?

Delete previous bumps and replace them? This avoids spam, allows you to keep bumping without the obvious repurcussion of flooding the thread with "Bump" every post for 2 pages.

This keeps the content on topic, keeps the content near the discussion on the board and allows people not to feel so shoved into reading something, it makes it hard to read something easily when having to skip over 2 pages straight of bumps.

Just heed this lesson the community is giving you.
Stop the constant bumps on a low post count forum and just allow people interested to discuss it and bump it for you, like we are now with this discussion.

If people aren't interested, then feel free to use the method I mentioned before of deleting previous bumps. (You know you can delete your posts right?) Come on man, you seem like oyu have some maturity, but refuse to acknowledge us trying to push you in a better, more proffesional, tolerable direction.

This isn't us having a go at you, but we are having to get a bit more aggressive to get you to understand our point unfortunately.
Sorry if it seems like we're directing this personally at you. It's what you're doing, not you as a person. Just to clarify.

I've been waiting for the negative comments to stop coming, so I'd just have a page of nothing.

when one bump comes in, delete the old one to replace it, keeping it at the same level at all times.

This plan hasn't been very successful, as I can't get 4 posts without someone posting something negative, ironically, stopping the solution to their complaints.

By the by, thankyou for trying to clarify your state as an impartial critic, rather than just another hater. I appreciate it.

@ JimsHardcore

We have stuff going on all the time. For example, a giveaway was announced this morning, and our 1v1 tournament Week 4 will be announced in the next few days.

I try to only post these things once, before moving on.

Aboriginidalee

07-02-2013

bump
http://www.youtube.com/auv2jason
ROFL

Omniscient

07-03-2013

^ best username OCE

FauxSho

07-03-2013

Quote:
Aboriginidalee:
bump
http://www.youtube.com/auv2jason
ROFL

STAAAAAHP STAAAAAHP! HAAAAAAALP!
I CAN'T LEAVE!

Seriously.... Halp.
I actully stayed and watched a few videos, I don't know why.

is it because the luring of LoL. I don't know.
But solid penta mah boy.

tempname952

07-03-2013

Ok guys, enough is enough I think. It's fair to ask him to stop bumping, or to clarify anything someone might not be clear on, but try to keep it non-personal.

Aboriginidalee

07-03-2013

There isn't anything personal there.

Jason

07-04-2013

Left this for some time.

If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it. I thought I knew how to delete bump posts, but I appear to be wrong.

Oh well, thanks if anyone gets around to it.

=)

~J