Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Oceanic Community AuV2 Recruiting.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rN eNigma

07-02-2013

Once a week bump would be enough on this forum. It is not as active as the NA forum yet so your posts dont need to be bumped twice a day.

Maybe just keep it to once every couple of days MAX!

mickst3r

07-02-2013

I remember this spammer AUV2Jason from the NA forumn...
He is a little kiddie trying too hard.

I see you still have not learnt that spamming to bump your thread every few seconds is just plain stupid and pretty much makes everyone thinks your a ****** for doing so.

This little kid was trying to apply for the Oceanic Community Manager position a while back and kept spamming the forumns to bump his post. Needless to say he is a school boy with no prior job experiences...

God now he is in the Oceanic forums bumping his post on hours end to try and recruit...

I seriously feel sorry for who ever is joining in team...

Jason

07-02-2013

Quote:
JimsHardcore:
......And this is why most forums have mods to delete posts with excessive bumping, because this is ridiculous. 3 Pages of bumping!?!

Why not delete last bump and replace it?
This just looks desperate and makes me not want to visit your site.
Show some proffessionalism, Please.

Quote:
rN eNigma:
Once a week bump would be enough on this forum. It is not as active as the NA forum yet so your posts dont need to be bumped twice a day.

Maybe just keep it to once every couple of days MAX!

Quote:
mickst3r:
I remember this spammer AUV2Jason from the NA forumn...
He is a little kiddie trying too hard.

I see you still have not learnt that spamming to bump your thread every few seconds is just plain stupid and pretty much makes everyone thinks your a ****** for doing so.

This little kid was trying to apply for the Oceanic Community Manager position a while back and kept spamming the forumns to bump his post. Needless to say he is a school boy with no prior job experiences...

God now he is in the Oceanic forums bumping his post on hours end to try and recruit...

I seriously feel sorry for who ever is joining in team...

I hope all of you realise that by posting this hateful stuff, you are in fact assisting me, by bumping the thread further?

I honestly don't see how a bump in the morning, and a bump at night can be considdered spam.

I think you'd be best off not making such assumptions, like "little kid with no job experience"

If you don't like what you see, keep scrolling.

I also don't see how a lot of bumps, over a long duration, can be seen as "desperate".

Half of the posts on this thread so far are people who don't like what I'm doing for whatever reason, and as a result, have decided to downvote me, and insult me.

I will make a note of saying that my bid for oceanic community manager was poorly handled, and that can be seen as desperate and/or obnoxious at first look.

I don't think that gives you any merrit to bring it up in a way that you will try and offend me.

1. Mickst3r - there is a slight difference between every few seconds, and every few hours. I'm sure they teach you that at school, so you'll get it eventually.

2. JimsHardcore - You'll also need to look back. This was one of the first threads made. Considdering that I'm barely half of the posts, I'm not doing this entirely on my own.

3. rN eNigma - your post seems to be the only one that isn't a straight out attack. I'll take note of your advice, and if these children keep trying to interfere in something they don't want to understand, I'll have no real choice but to cut back on bumping.

I might bump less, but I will still reply to anything directed at AuV2 or me on this thread.

mickst3r

07-02-2013

"Half of the posts on this thread so far are people who don't like what I'm doing for whatever reason, and as a result, have decided to downvote me, and insult me.

I will make a note of saying that my bid for oceanic community manager was poorly handled, and that can be seen as desperate and/or obnoxious at first look. "

You show a mentality of a 5 year old kid to be honest. Have you not learnt your lesson in the NA forumn with your mindless bumps to promote your thread? The general forumn community do NOT want to hear about your useless threads so just DON'T bump at all thanks you very much.
You made note that your bid for the manager role was poorly handled, it was poorly handled because you keep bumping it non stop. You are doing exactly the same thing right now, so obviously you have not learnt a dam thing...

Do us a favor, from now on if you ever make a post, just post it and leave it, do not bump anything at all.

AuV2 Smurf

07-02-2013

Quote:
mickst3r:
"Half of the posts on this thread so far are people who don't like what I'm doing for whatever reason, and as a result, have decided to downvote me, and insult me.

I will make a note of saying that my bid for oceanic community manager was poorly handled, and that can be seen as desperate and/or obnoxious at first look. "

You show a mentality of a 5 year old kid to be honest. Have you not learnt your lesson in the NA forumn with your mindless bumps to promote your thread? The general forumn community do NOT want to hear about your useless threads so just DON'T bump at all thanks you very much.
You made note that your bid for the manager role was poorly handled, it was poorly handled because you keep bumping it non stop. You are doing exactly the same thing right now, so obviously you have not learnt a dam thing...

Do us a favor, from now on if you ever make a post, just post it and leave it, do not bump anything at all.

If I was simply offering a group of friends, I'd make a post and just leave it there.

I'm putting in a lot of effort to try and make AuV2 a nice place, with prized events, giveaways, teams, and everything else that the thread already points out.

I don't take kindly to you saying I have the mentality of a 5 year old, either. So far, all you've done is get me upset, and bump my thread, contributing to the problem you protest.

If you don't like what I'm doing, ignore it.

I've done nothing wrong so far. I've barely bumped this thread, and I'm trying to stick to my "one morning one night " bump routine.

If you wish to make a point intellectually, say something intellectual, rather than just insult me.

I bet you're a toxic player. You've pretty much just proven it, with the posts you've made.

Aboriginidalee

07-02-2013

You don't need to pump every 3 hours on a low postcount forum.

Heck it'd probably stay on first page on its own and only need a bump every 2nd day to bring it back to first page from 2nd.

And a post that has 80%+ responses being the OP's own bumps, makes it appear that no one cares about your post except you.

And finally. Our responses to your post...while you may think it's helping you "bump" the thread; it doesn't help you at all.

Sure it refreshes your post to the top, but then people read the last post and realise that the entire content that they just skipped was meaningless bumping by the OP. They then realise it isn't a very popular post, as all other responses outside the OP's own bumping is people criticizing his tactic for keeping his post alive.

People don't like others who bump their own threads like you do and if this is how you recruit then I'd hate to see how you play, because this is clearly bronze level recruiting.

So here's a bump and a lot of negative publicity that hinders your recruiting and does a lot more damage than the bump mends.

Jason

07-02-2013

Quote:
Aboriginidalee:
You don't need to pump every 3 hours on a low postcount forum.

I wish people would stop saying that I'm bumping too much.

as said, I bump once in the morning, and once at night.

That is not excessive.

Aboriginidalee

07-02-2013

Page 2 you bumped 4 times in 5 hours.

That's excessive

And then you have your teammates bumping in between your bumps.

That's excessive.

Edit: 9 bumps in less than 24 hours on page 2.
On a low-post forum is excessive.

Jason

07-02-2013

I can apologise for that, I was just going off the hype of the oceanic servers being released for the first time.

I'm sorry if that got seen a few times by people that did not want to see it.

I'm still only one thread.

I'm going to work soon, so I'd prefer if we just leave this as it is for now, and come back to it later.

If anyone wants to talk to me in person about this, feel free to add me. I'm fine with having an intellectual discussion about this.

Stormcrazed

07-02-2013

And just like the NA forums....

Once more for the slow people:

1. Keep it on topic, keep it constructive
Threads need to be constructive and have a clear topic. Subsequent replies need to also be constructive to ensure that the integrity of that topic isn’t compromised. Bumping a thread without adding additional relevant information is not considered constructive.

Stop ignoring the **** code of conduct and post CONSTRUCTIVE things on your thread with relevant information about AuV2 instead of bumping twice a day (which IS excessive whether you think so or not).