Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Current Issues [Read this before posting]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tr1cky

06-30-2013

Updated.

xiionic1

06-30-2013

and the Connection Failure Error ?

krrizis

06-30-2013

Do we know when rank will be updated?

Tr1cky

06-30-2013

Quote:
xiionic1:
and the Connection Failure Error ?

I haven't seen this one yet, let me look into it.

Cr1318

06-30-2013

Bump. This is an excellent list.
To quote MM about ranked:

Quote:
MasterMirkinen:
Hey guys,

I'm eager to get owned in Rank as much as you do but we have to wait concurrency to stabilise and we want to be sure servers perform as they should.
If everything goes as smooth as it is going now (apart from couple of problem, this Oceanic launch has been one of the smoothest we ever done) I think we will be able to launch "rank" in around a week.

Thank you for your patience and if you see me ingame once rank starts, please be patience with me

xiionic1

06-30-2013

Quote:
Tr1cky:
I haven't seen this one yet, let me look into it.

Me and a few others are recieving the " Connection Error - Connection Failed, cannot connect to PVP.net " when trying to log in.
Was working fine until I Transferred to Oceania (via shop, then relog and letting the client update)
Once it had finished updating, I was unable to log in, and have been getting the connection failure error since.

I have repaired, re-installed, disabled firewall, enabled lolclient to exceptions, restarted router, sync'd time clock, played with IE security settings, uninstalled pmb.. everything that has been identified as a problem past threads.. nothing seems to work.

Posted numorous threads asking for assistance in numorous forums, and haven't had a single suggestion that has made a shred of different.

Am wondering if some kind of addition to the registry may have occurred during the patching process after transfering to oceania that may have thrown a setting off?

Another guy was having the same issue and he say's when he logs ontop NA server on his other account he doesn't have the problem...

Is there some kind of network environment variable that is being trial on the BETA that could possibly be incompatable with my system.

Im in New Zealand, ISP is Telecom, running windows XP.
As I said, everything was running tip top until the patch after the Xfer.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

krrizis

06-30-2013

Thanks Cr1318. Sure hope we get rank soon since everyone I know is excited for the rank team matches xDDD

Speaking of which, I'm in the same boat as xiionic1 as well.

I'm in Melbourne, ISP is TPG, running both Windows and Mac Clients on my Macbook Pro (dual boot).

After switching to Oceania and updating my clients, I've been getting connection failures pretty often. However, when I tried connecting to my alternate account on NA, there doesn't seem to be any connection issues. Would this be a case with the server unable to handle certain ISPs or? Not sure if this is too relevant but the issue occurs usually when I'm waiting in the lobby and prior to starting a game. If I'm lucky, I'd be able to enter a game without a fuss. And after exiting a game, it brings back the connection issue message again.

xiionic1

06-30-2013

I haven't been able to connect once since the transfer patch... It would be a bit nonsense if the server wasn't able to accept connections from telecom.. thats like half of NZ's population out of the equation

Tr1cky

06-30-2013

@ Everyone with connection issue threads, Can you do an uninstall of adobe air, restart then re-install and restart again, im curious to see if its air playing up.

Also update to include MM's thread.

LadyJennifer

06-30-2013

Quote:
TornSpirit:

11 218 ms 213 ms 214 ms lag30.sclarinte01.aapt.net.au [202.10.14.197]

Is it just ironic that one of the laggy hops is called "lag30"... lol :P

(Yes I know LAG is another term for aggregated ethernet but it's still funny).