can you drop tiers after going into season 4?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iAlfieees

04-09-13

so i was around silver 3 a few weeks back, but then i started losing games, and eventually found myself in silver 5. when season 4 comes around, will i have a risk of dropping to bronze right after the season change?

Sithy

04-09-13

You will have 10 placements matches like you would not being ranked, everything is reset afaik.

iAlfieees

04-09-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áaron View Post
You will have 10 placements matches like you would not being ranked, everything is reset afaik.
but wouldn't that be unfair for the higher-ranked people? for example, everything a diamond player worked for in season 3 would go to waste, since the rank is reset

Mr Wasabi xD

05-09-13

it keeps a form of 'shadow mmr' which consists of your last season mmr combined with your normal mmr to place you were it deems fit for the next season.
So those placed in diamond are more likely to be replaced there providing their mmr last season was of diamond standards (a diamond 5 playing with golds in yoloqueue will most likely be moved down)

Razer

05-09-13

they soft reset the mmr or elo whichever you want to call it, as a rough estimate for elo its your s3 elo say gold v is about 1500 + 1200 (the average) divided by 2.

I just hit gold v so mine would be approx 1350-1400 ish which would be around silver 1 or 2.