How Do You Play Lucian

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OzPin0y

23-08-13

OK, this is his debut and most of us don't know how to fully use him yet. To date, I have heard that he's not worth it as a champion. I yet to play him on PVP and the fact that I am in bronze. I have though to familiarise myself with what he does, played him in custom and I'm liking him already..

But how do you play him and build him?

As I toyed around with him today and after reading his passives and what now.. I liked the idea that each of his abilities allows you to have 2 quick succession of shots and on hit effects.. I like that....then you look at his item recommendation... botrk first? For me.... I don't think I would want that... so I went to BT first followed by sheen (he does use mana).. ..

I know in NA, people are complaing how **** he is how he doesn't do damage. But for me.. it's not his AA that makes him good. It's his passive.. because, when my first impression on him was a bit more of MF and EZ...

When I get home tonight, I'd like to play him but I would like to first have some insight from those who already used him... with bortk as first build.. and those who thinks like me and went with bt / sheen...

Akuen

23-08-13

I built him Zerks Greaves, BoRK, IE, Static Shiv, LW and GA. Wrecked face.

Rogue Axe

23-08-13

idk i never get to play him for long. too many afk's or feeders. but in general if combo'd well he wrecks most champs

Bork IE, Greaves, LW, PD

iceborn or static (instead of pd) or BC which works really well with his ult

BfM DevOuR

23-08-13

How to play Lucian. If you want a decent ADC don't, so easily countered lol. If Q isn't changed to a skill shot then there is no reason to play him.

OzPin0y

23-08-13

OK.. botrk vs BT.. I'm more inclined to rush BT first then sheen.. then shiv.. for some reason, I see bt a better first item than botrk....

fattyhotdogs

23-08-13

I have not played as or against him, but just looking at his kit, I would imagine a BT would be more effective than a bork. It obviously as always depends on the match ups and how well you are doing to that point, but with the passive, getting 2 quick attacks after every skill use, you want to accommodate that ad caster side of his kit. BT will see his skills doing more damage, and with the passive double shot, that clearly scales better with ad rather than the atk speed that bork gives.

As a generic build against a generic team in a generic game, I'd go BT, Shiv, LW, IE (or another BT), and them MAYBE bork.

but hey, what do I know... I'm just a silver.

OzPin0y

23-08-13

There's a debate at the moment between botrk and BT on NA server with Lucian, from what I read. It depends on your play style.. botrk if you are the type to go all in or BT if you want to go in and out (and that's me early game)... plus, I normally play MF. and I can see how similar play style they have... q, double AA, w, double AA.. e, double aa if i'mgoing in.. otherwise walk away...

apparently vayne is his big counter at the moment?

Akuen

23-08-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzPin0y View Post
There's a debate at the moment between botrk and BT on NA server with Lucian, from what I read. It depends on your play style.. botrk if you are the type to go all in or BT if you want to go in and out (and that's me early game)... plus, I normally play MF. and I can see how similar play style they have... q, double AA, w, double AA.. e, double aa if i'mgoing in.. otherwise walk away...

apparently vayne is his big counter at the moment?
I wouldn't agree that Vayne is his counter. Caitlyn definitely and Draven most likely. The build I suggested meant his ult did 2500 damage. He seems to scale with crit quite well, sort of like Draven. Attack speed synergises well with his ult as well as his passive.