Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

No Sales?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pow Wow

07-05-2013

So is the reason there are no champion/skin sales because we can't buy RP? Just want to know if what I think is right or not. thanks!

Cr1318

07-05-2013

Yes, I'm pretty sure the reason there are no sales is because you can't get RP.
Wouldn't make much sense if there was, would it?

aKyR1a

07-05-2013

hmm what about the people who preemptively bought RP before transferring expecting not being able to purchase RP in OCE?

BreaKerNZ1

07-05-2013

Yeah, i have been wanting to get some RP so i can get some boosts, to get account to lvl30, hopefully they sort this out soon!

Good job so far Riot keep up the good work.

Who

07-05-2013

Quote:
BreaKerNZ1:
Yeah, i have been wanting to get some RP so i can get some boosts, to get account to lvl30, hopefully they sort this out soon!

they have a inbuilt FREE boost atm, so your getting 100% XP increase for just being on the server

Cr1318

07-05-2013

Quote:
aKyR1a:
hmm what about the people who preemptively bought RP before transferring expecting not being able to purchase RP in OCE?

Riot are unsure on their response to this kind of thing.
A lot of the payment and RP purchasing related questions are answered in their FAQ here:
http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=10
And I'm not 100% certain on this but, if you purchase a XP/IP boost, it might stack with the boosts already in effect because of the beta.

N1ghtm6r3poo

07-09-2013

Yes you are right, riot has held off sales because RP isn't purchasable. They haven't made us miss out though it's just delayed.

Quote:
What about the Champion and Skin sales I missed since I couldn’t purchase RP? What about the Extra Bonus RP promotion?
Any promotions that you’ve missed due to being on the OCE server will be provided once the payment system is up. We will ensure you have the same price and same amount of time as other regions. This includes Champion & Skin sales, Extra Bonus RP, and Spirit Summoner Udyr.

The entire post is below

Quote:
You can not purchase RP during Beta. We are still working on our payment system, and we'll update everyone once it's available. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here!

Updated with answers to most questions:

When will I be able to purchase RP?
We don’t currently have an ETA. WE are working diligently on getting our payment service up and running. It’s very important that we do not release it before we are comfortable, to ensure that there are no issues once we release it.
We tested it on July 2nd and identified the key issues we need to fix. However, until we are confident in our timeline, we are not able to say what date it may be released on.

Can I use prepaid cards while the payment system is down? If not, will I be able to use them when it’s up?
The back-end that is used to verify prepaid RP cards is tied to the system that processes all other payments. Because of this, you won’t be able to redeem any pre-paid RP cards until the payment system is released.

Any cards you buy will be able to be redeemed in the OCE store once the payment system is open. They do not expire, and will be redeemable.

What happens with the Spirit Guard Udyr promotion?
We're going to provide the same discount for the same period of time as other regions for Spirit Guard Udyr once our payment service is all settled. However, we don't have a confirmed date when that will be. We are working on it though!

How much will RP cost us? Will it be more expensive than what I’m used to?
The prices will be comparable to what you pay on the NA server.

What about the Champion and Skin sales I missed since I couldn’t purchase RP? What about the Extra Bonus RP promotion?
Any promotions that you’ve missed due to being on the OCE server will be provided once the payment system is up. We will ensure you have the same price and same amount of time as other regions. This includes Champion & Skin sales, Extra Bonus RP, and Spirit Summoner Udyr.

What payment methods will be available once the payment system is up?
Initially we are going to be launching our payment system with:

• Credit card
• Paypal
• SMS
• Ukash

We are evaluating other payment methods to add in the future, and we'll let you know if/when we add more payment methods.

"If you can't beat them, join them then beat them."