LoL Community + OCE "people"

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSagan

Junior Member

18-08-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoStoleMyDog View Post
Best thing i do is put on some music mute everyone from the start
That has some serious appeal to me; I LOVE MUSIC!

It would ease my mind though, if someone from RIOT could let me know if I could be legitimately reported for 'Refusing to Communicate' by doing that; even though I'll probably get reported for some other unjustified reason anyway by some ragey highschooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoStoleMyDog View Post
... why play?
I tried to cover this question in my first post. I play because I extremely enjoy the game and furthermore I absolutely love buying skins and reporting RIOT for their mind-blowing efforts. I don't *ONLY* get stressed, I do have good games. The last game with ONLY positive people I had was around 2 weeks ago and the quality of the game was magnitudes better. Playing with some of my friends is fun, despite their emotional issues and general hate towards strangers on the internet. I just want to highlight the fact that I DO still have fun with this game even when it's with bad and disorderly people but I can only really get through one game of it, after I've been harrassed and reported. I'm a person who speaks rarely and only tries to compliment others .. I'll be honest it has a little bit of a narcissistic root. I want my honor back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoStoleMyDog View Post
I find most people if they can't see you than that means they are aloud to be a jerk don't know were they get the idea from but its seems to be popular and its kinda sad LOL is such a great game.
This isn't true. I've wittnessed and been victim to generic ragers who will try to ruin someones day for losing a lane, even if they're completely silent or have only been polite. I understand where you're coming from but I don't like the idea of blaming the victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iire View Post
I also play ARAMs because they tend to be not as toxic ...
That is one strategy I do myself when I'm absolutely itching to play or if I want to purchase something with IP and want my daily win.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iire View Post
I also tend to play late at night or before 3pm to avoid all the school kiddies
I hadn't yet considered that. I believe that would help a lot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iire View Post
I don't think that calling out Australians for this behaviour works with your argument.
I'm afraid you've misunderstood me. I neither have an argument or want one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iire View Post
Was this research conducted purely in a 'westernised' society?
From what I gathered and can remember from it the study was centralized in Australian and then they contrasted it with other studies conducted in any other country to get a sense of which country is leading so that they could add in some ... somewhat fact heavy & opinionated ... speculation in their abstract.

I remember they wrote something on the lines of our generations exploiting freedom in a way that they believe being free is all about them, that they use it to gather what they want and less about decision making which could directly correlate to our issues to empathize.

I do find this interesting and wouldn't mind talking on the study further and perhaps even looking for it but this thread isn't centred around the study; it's only a matter of honest observation to see how bad LoL community is alone; then what it's like with OCE people (mostly Australians).


Quote:
Originally Posted by iire View Post
You've basically judged Australians and therefore the OCE server citing research that doesn't mean anything.
I've judged Australians for 3 reasons:
1. What I've seen demonstrated in front of me in real life, which is why I added in some of my history

2. The switch between NA and OCE, where in I spent a large amount of my time on NA and find the issues there pretty minor in comparison. I've lost all my honor! :'(
2a. I just bought Charred Maokai skin bro. I get a Sunfire Cape in his build. But I couldn't play if I tried because I don't feel like dealing with peoples disorderly behavior.

3. The study has value. The best question you asked when you tried to devalue the study was "What does it mean?" (in my opinion at least); I'm pretty sure we could all figure out that if it's true, that means dealing with socially disordered people is simply a daily reality for Australians. So in context; it makes playing League of Legends extremely difficult. In a game that has a highly perfectionized gameplay people can get emotional and cruel if you don't perform to their standards because they don't care what happened to you in your lane THEY just want to be fed and fight easier champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSagan

Junior Member

18-08-13

I'll be honest I've appreciated what people have had to share on this thread so far but I've had a change of heart entirely. I've returned to the "this is completely fkn hopeless, why am I even here?" point after being replied to by another internally damaged person and him getting full support from the rest of the "people" after he constructed some completely pathetic response in which he literally agreed with everything I said but would added in a sentence about how there was irony and I missed it and that not only makes me worse then the people I'm commenting on (people supporting violence because they're bored).

Nothing positive will come from this community, or the internet. I'd rather let this thread die then run the risk of encountering another mentally ill human who desires to throw his/her issues in my face.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OzPin0y

Senior Member

18-08-13

Thanks OP, that explains a lot. I had your mentality when I came to OCE and shocked when I learned otherwise...I'm trolling and being toxic more and more and more since I transferred to OCE... I too thought it would be a better environment here..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LEE SIN FREE WIN

Member

18-08-13

I still play LoL, because it's fun, and it's something I can do in my free time. Sure people trash talk, but I trash talk too. Although, the past few days of my LoL experience have been plain ****. Trash talk went up to a new level of cancerous and toxic remarks, and I felt like quitting for a while because of it. But, I just mute and report and go on with the next game.

At the end of the day, those toxic games you've played wouldn't matter anymore.


123