S4 patch download

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scubadee

11-11-13

anyone have any idea when the patch will be live?

sorry in advance if this has already been posted somewhere

Molozon

12-11-13

I want to know too.

Riot Feithen

Release Manager

12-11-13
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hi folks,

If you mean the next patch, (which includes some of the pre-season balance changes) we're looking at sometime next week. It'll come down to how quickly we resolve the last of the bugs, though, so don't hold me to that.

Cheers,
Fei

Gai Sensei

12-11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Feithen View Post
Hi folks,

If you mean the next patch, (which includes some of the pre-season balance changes) we're looking at sometime next week. It'll come down to how quickly we resolve the last of the bugs, though, so don't hold me to that.

Cheers,
Fei
So responsive, gotta give it to you rioters, you guys are doing a great job!

Sacerdolol

12-11-13

Now that season 3 is over are we still able to climb/drop in ranked before the season 4 patch?

minea096

12-11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Feithen View Post
Hi folks,

Cheers,
Fei
Does that patch also include the soft reset. Or will the soft reset be happening today?

Gynecologist

12-11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacerdolol View Post
Now that season 3 is over are we still able to climb/drop in ranked before the season 4 patch?
From Pwyff
Quote:
Going to get this messaging out early, as we'll have more official words next week. The plan is to actually NOT do a soft reset on ranked play during preseason, especially with the huge changes we have planned on the way.

We'll be doing that soft reset at the start of the 2014 season when everyone's all trained up from the preseason. MORE INFO TO COME NEXT WEEK (er, this week?).

And for anyone that asks, "Why play ranked during preseason?" - your standings you get to during the preseason will have an influence on where you initially seed during the 2014 season. We wanted to create a competitive environment for players to stew in during the preseason, but we really didn't want you dictating an entire season's worth of ranked placement during a tumultuous time (BLACK CLEAVAAAAR).

Riot Feithen

Release Manager

12-11-13
2 of 2 Riot Posts

What he said.

I also want to really emphasize that bit about the bugs and no promises. Most of the changes are on the PBE now and there are lots of threads around that include specific details on what's coming, Q&A's with the team, and more information than I can give here. I can confirm we're still in the process of making tweaks and fixing bugs. If we don't launch next week it's because we don't think it's ready, and I'd be really sad if folk had built up huge expectations only to be disappointed. You'll notice we don't typically publish our release plans, and that's why.

DarkArcher888

16-01-14

hi everyone how much mb is this patch? i have to wait 1:30hpurs till its done. is it just my slow connection or is the patch huge and taking long for everyone

Fury

16-01-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArcher888 View Post
hi everyone how much mb is this patch? i have to wait 1:30hpurs till its done. is it just my slow connection or is the patch huge and taking long for everyone
patch is around 500mbs