So what happened to our Oceanic skin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirigible Tomato

09-11-13

Quote:
Unfortunately, we didn't give any skins on the OCE server aside from the Pool Party Ziggs skin.
It does say DIDN'T give, not WON'T give.

It'd be nice if they could tell us something.

Skip To My Lulu

09-11-13

Inb4 Giant Enemy Crabner

Rinku

09-11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE SIN FREE WlN View Post

Unfortunately, we didn't give any skins on the OCE server aside from the Pool Party Ziggs skin. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have any other concerns, please let me know! ^_^
That doesn't mean we're never going to get the skin -- that person is just saying (in the past tense) that they didn't give away any skins besides the Ziggs one.

Stop being a whiny baby and be patient... Seriously. Stop being such an entitled little bitch, be patient and Riot will probably get around to it. You're acting like a jealous child.

Shar123

11-11-13

I transferred across to OCE during the beta period, cost me nothing to do so. And I never recieved my skin?

Riot Sephyre

Creative Services Manager

Follow Riot Sephyre on Twitter

11-11-13
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey everyone,

The Oceanic server skin hasn't been forgotten

I wish I could say it's coming 'soon' but the truth is it will take quite a while longer.

The skin development process is quite lengthy and as has been alluded to in past updates there were a few ideas that were abandoned due to simply not being good enough!

That said, the server skin has not been forgotten about - we had a meeting about it last week actually, and we're working with the skins team to make it happen.

The way the process works is we gather ideas (from these forums, the old server petition thread on NA, Reddit, etc) along with ideas from Rioters and work them up to be presentable to the skins team.

Then it's fleshed out to make sure it will make something that can work and will be cool. LOTS of skin concepts are rejected/abandoned because they aren't good enough.

So TL: DR it's still being worked on, it will happen but I can't give you a firm ETA

Levy

11-11-13

Yay

HunkmasterDarius

11-11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sephyre View Post
Hey everyone,

I wish I could say it's coming 'soon' but the truth is it will take quite a while longer.

The skin development process is quite lengthy and as has been alluded to in past updates there were a few ideas that were abandoned due to simply not being good enough!

That said, the server skin has not been forgotten about - we had a meeting about it last week actually, and we're working with the skins team to make it happen.

The way the process works is we gather ideas (from these forums, the old server petition thread on NA, Reddit, etc) along with ideas from Rioters and work them up to be presentable to the skins team.

Then it's fleshed out to make sure it will make something that can work and will be cool. LOTS of skin concepts are rejected/abandoned because they aren't good enough.

So TL: DR it's still being worked on, it will happen but I can't give you a firm ETA
^This.

I've been telling people for months that we haven't got our skin yet because we got our server several months earlier than we should have. I'm too lazy to find the link, but Mirk mentioned a long time ago that Riot sped up the process to get us our server waaaaay before schedule.

I personally rather being able to enjoy <200 ping without our region skin for a few months than having to endure all of S3/some of S4 back on NA with 220+ ping and complete inability to play champions like Orianna and Lee Sin, only to get the region skin on server launch.

LEE SIN FREE WlN

11-11-13

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the response, albeit being late . Good luck on deciding a skin for our region.

Nukemouse

11-11-13

If its not Ned Kelly based then you have failed in your task Riot. Draven Ned Kelly that throws guns instead of blades? You could animate it to shoot bullets as it spins through the air.

Sejuani on a giant wombat using vegemite instead of ice might be acceptable too.

I am just afraid its going to be maori inspired or something, which honestly would not be that cool, since that's not too far off of many existing "jungle" themed tribal skins we already have.

Aegis

11-11-13

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I kinda wanted to make sure, does the team already have decided upon a skin idea yet?

Or do you think these forums need to post more ideas for you guys?

If so, we could probably send some more ideas on your way.