Champion Reworks

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonkeyNutSacks

03-08-13

To me There are a few champions that needed a visual upgrade, such as; udyr, shaco, Rammus,Ryze,Annie, Twisted Fate, sivir, master yi, karma, Poppy

Some on this list have already been upgraded, however the fact that udyr, number one on the list hasn't been redone but instead has had a new legendary skin made, Which more than likely means that udyr will not be receiving an upgrade on his current outdated base skin, I would like to ask as to why champions such as shaco and udyr have not received visual upgrades but instead have been given a legendary skin diminishing any hope of receiving roworks on the basic skins in the future

Skip To My Lulu

03-08-13

as usual, Poppy is overlooked.

MonkeyNutSacks

03-08-13

Ai, Thought I had already put poppy on there,

GCat

03-08-13

Udyrs ultimate should have been his rework
http://thedailygrind.robdamanii.com/...ekFacePalm.gif

AtomicTomat0

03-08-13

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion
this has a list of champions that they plan on reworking in some way/shape/form in the future

RiotDudeBro

VFX Artist

04-08-13
1 of 15 Riot Posts

Hey this a tough question but I'll try and peel back the curtain and let you see my perspective(as someone who currently works solely on the reworks team).
First let me get to Udyr(since I worked on his Ultimate skin). Does Udyr need a redo? Yes, we agree. However I,personally, don't think the Spirit Guard should have been his rework. I think there are people who love the way current Udyr looks, as well as Black Belt and Primal skins, so we wouldn't want to completely change what people already love and throw in spirit animals. We have to retain what people love that made them make the choice to pick him up in the first place. The second part to that is Udyr is actually a lot of work. Since he has 4 stances that have different models and animations, effects, and sounds. That's a bit more work than something like Sivir who I'd argue needs it more than Udyr with less amount of content and programming needed to complete it. Again these are my personal opinions and I've already got plenty of flack on the NA forums for these.
Also when we started Spirit Guard Udyr, there was no such thing as a relaunch team. In fact that didn't start that until late last year(when he was already done). Again these are my personal opinions, but we should have reworked him and THEN done an Ultimate skin. But don't take those comments the wrong way, reworking a champ means to me we sort out the back-end code to make it easy to go in next time to make a skin. We just released Maser Yi whose effects and animations scripts are lean and mean and ready for the next person to dive in and make something(probably better than me ) So take those comments solely as someone who works on them and not a decision maker in rework/skin release stuff.
A major factor in releasing rework champs is...ready for it... me . Not because I'm withholding but some champs take longer than others due to how complex they are. When I was on the New Champ team,I worked on Vi for about 3 weeks and I worked on Lissandra for a month and half(with others helping) because the worldload and content demand is different per champ. We have to pepper in the hard ones with the more straightforward ones.
We have a BIG list of reworks and we agree, Udyr and Shaco needs them and they will receive them(one day). Master Yi was just release, Sivir is in the works as well as another champ, and we have some great ones coming up!

So I hope this behind the scenes banter helps ya a see to see into world of reworking champs.

RiotDudeBro

VFX Artist

04-08-13
2 of 15 Riot Posts

Oh one thing I forgot to mention, if there's a rework you're excited about, let us know by keeping a thread going( has worked on NA)

Akuen

04-08-13

Good guy DudeBro keeping the OCE community in the loop.

RiotDudeBro

VFX Artist

04-08-13
3 of 15 Riot Posts

I have a big heart for the OCE community. Pax Aus was my first interaction with people outside of work who play League and you guys were so freakin' cool. I'm hoping to be a reoccurring guest on the forums here(if y'all let me).

shayne77

04-08-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDudeBro View Post
I have a big heart for the OCE community. Pax Aus was my first interaction with people outside of work who play League and you guys were so freakin' cool. I'm hoping to be a reoccurring guest on the forums here(if y'all let me).
Thats great to hear! Looking forward to more of your work on Sivir and, please god, Heimerdinger!

12345 ... 6